Tuesday, July 31, 2007

anti virus software

my norton finally expired today, which created a fright and a sense of insecurity within me when i saw that message popping up again. i've been very "guai" and used norton (because my computer expert older sister seemed to always insist on the paid version of anti-virus to be more reliable ) but since i'm changing laptop soon (hopefully), i didn't see any point to renew my subscription (which can only be used for the computer that it registered for). so i decided to try out the "free" avast (which i think most people use)...

i am not sure if it's just my imagination, but my laptop seems to be running much faster after removing norton anti-virus after i installed avast. i've always heard that norton takes up a lot of memory space and avast doesn't.

well... still think i should listen to my sis... but then again... avast is free and my computer runs faster now.

(ok... prepare for bullet proof vest i'm ready, jie! shoot! )

No comments: