Tuesday, May 20, 2008

my mistake but then... sigh...

ever since i stepped foot unto the sg soil, i've been going here and there to meet different groups of people. today is finally the day that i start to work on my assignment that is due on friday.

the day started off bright and breeze. since i've not really exercised, i went out for a short walk/jog. came back all sweaty but felt really good. was checking my emails and everything... then a friend called my mobile phone. since the value on the SIM card is getting low, every time the phone call ends, a msg comes on to tell me how much money i have left on the card. strangely... i had added S$25 unto the card last night but the value never changed. so i called the phone company and asked about it.

then... i realize... i had punched in the wrong phone number last night (off by one number only) when i was adding money to my card!!! so the support person on the line told me to fax the receipt to them today in order for them to do something about it. i had to crack my brains and tried to figure out where i am going to find a fax machine.

earlier in the morning i was also having a SMS conversation with an old EAST friend who works for OMF. she wanted to meet up but i didn't have any more dinner time slots left... plus she will be busy helping with a friend's wedding prep next week. so i thought i would try calling her to see if i can have lunch with her as well as fax the receipt to the phone company. thankfully... without much hesitation (besides the fact that she's super busy today), she agreed so i rushed out of the house and met her.

we ate, talked, and had a good time... faxed the receipt then i left. after about 1 hour, i got a call from the phone company... they said the person who benefited from my mistake has only S$9 left on his/her card. i can only get that S$9 back. i guess then i was happy that i could at least recover the lost from my mistake... but after my OMF friend SMS me back, i thought... "ya... that's really horrible that i couldn't get the whole amount back..."

sigh... can't believe i made this kind of mistake... i think my brain is not working too well these days...

No comments: