Thursday, March 13, 2008

Pray for my mom

I think I've sent some emails to some of you, but maybe missed out on some.

Well, for the past few weeks, my mom's legs started to lose sensation, getting numbed, and losing strength. After an MRI on her neck area spine, it showed that her nerve in the spine has been pinched pretty badly. It's probably due to her diabetic condition and falls in the past. This past Wednesday we (my younger sis and I) took her to a neuro-surgeon. The surgeon was shocked at the seriousness of her condition and of the fact that we've only brought her to the doc just now. He said that surgery should be done ASAP but there are a few complications.

1. her previous MRI was only of her neck. the doc suspected that there are other areas along her spine that needs to be operated on. so she's getting more MRI and X-rays done next Tuesday.
2. our health insurance has cancelled their contract with the hospital that the doc normally operates from. so.. either he will operate from another hospital (which they might not have available operating rooms that soon) or get the insurance company to grant an exception for my mom to be operated at the first hospital.

another thing is... until my mom gets her MRI & X-rays done next Tuesday, the doc cannot have a surgical plan. thus delaying all processes of trying to schedule an operation room and negotiation with the insurance company.

sigh...

so... please pray that everything will go smoothly and my mom can get surgery done soon. of course also for the surgery itself that there will be no complications (esp since she's diabetic) and for quick recovery.

thanks


No comments: