Tuesday, January 08, 2013

2013 expectations

(what i wrote on Jan 3, 2013)
the church has called a fast for these first days of the year. i looked at the prayer pointers today and one thing mentioned is "remind God of your expectations and write it out". i thought that's interesting. what might my expectations of God be for 2013?

it seems that we usually ask "what does God expect of me in this new year?" but not very often have i heard "what do i expect from God this year?" so as i thought of it, the first thing that came to my mind is that i want to see the fruits of my labor from years before. for the year i served in burma because God called me to encourage the students... the years i served the mainland chinese grad students by organizing an English speaking corner because i saw the need to share life and the Gospel with this group of people...

when i labored, i didn't "see" the fruits... just one teacher came to Christ that year in burma and who knows where the kids are spiritually in their lives. there were a few ESC students going to church but i'm also not sure if any of them became Christians.

(the following was edited on Jan 8...)
besides that, i would like to sharpen my "kraft" this year... that is to improve my public speaking skills and also sharpen my knowledge in ethnomusicology. i know that God provided opportunities for me to study and obtain a degree and He will use those investments some time in the future. in the mean time, i should prepare myself so that when the right time comes, i'm ready.

No comments: