Wednesday, August 29, 2007

thank you, my friends

it's been 2 weeks since i cancelled my employment pass, which means the 2-wk social visit pass has expired today.

originally i had planned to go to JB (Johor Baru) with crab after she finished teaching in the afternoon, but as i chat with tracey on msn, she offered to drive me there and back. so we rushed over the not-so-crowded bridge around 4ish in the afternoon, going through singapore and malaysia customs. then turned right back around (with a quick stop for starbucks coffee) and came back through malaysia, singapore customs.

somehow two weeks ago, i was rather worried that i won't be able to get new social visit pass today and maybe i would be stuck over in malaysia during this very crucial time. but thank God with good friends accompanying me, i got another 90-day social visit pass after i've done this.

1st... i still want to thank tracey again for doing this for me. it really means a lot to me. :)

then... since i felt sorry to change plans with crab, i told her that we can meet for dinner. along came jj and sm (the usual sunday afternoon/evening companions for the past few months... and trips to malaysia also during the past few months). i have been craving pizza hut's super cheesy pizza and that's what we had. bumped into microyu and his wife. i forgot that it's her birthday today. (happy birthday, victoria! ) and it was just nice for us to borrow mircroyu's HSBC card to get a discount. (thanks, microyu )

when we were finishing dinner, sm came up with the idea for us to catch ratatouille around 9. while we were waiting, sm, crab and i went to the arcade and damaged our hands and fingers with crazy games. but it was fun. the movie was very cute as well.

as we were parting, they walked me to the MRT station and told me that they hope to catch me on such unplanned evening next week. i said... probably not... since almost all my lunches and dinners have been filled with appointments (also leaving a couple breakfast slots now...) earlier today, JT asked if i am sad to leave singapore. i said... what kind of question is this?

and until today, i've not sent a thank-you ecard to the faith cell for a very memorable farewell sunday night (my usual practice). as i blogged earlier, i have been worrying sick about my fuller application. been occupying my time either in reading or thinking of writing and preping myself with a lot of time before i write...

somehow... i know that times like tonight might never come again. this is very sad. my fuller application essay is nowhere near being finished but actually i am grateful to have spent the night with three of the most important friends/companions of my life through out my years in singapore.

i can never say enough thank-you to everybody. i probably will keep saying thank-you a million times more. and i truly am thankful... for all of you... i won't ever regret time spent with you over my essay. (i can work on it tonight even if i don't sleep so early.)

i wish i can capture all the moments and freeze them. maybe that's how heaven will be like.

No comments: